16.09.2021 @ 12:00 - 25.11.2021 @ 12:00€25 – €100
Join the fish marathon and become a fish cooking expert. The course consists of five blocks each devoted to a separate topic (book either the full course or single classes).
For each class of the series:
- Opt to join either the live class or receive a recording
- Receive a written outline of the class to keep for later
- Get 3 recipes to try out after the class (apart from the ones which we shall cook together during the live session)
- But most importantly – after each class you will receive my ongoing support when attempting to cook at home for two weeks – you will be added to a online group chat to ask questions and share information (Telegram). I will aim at answering all incoming questions in live mode.
- As a bonus you will be able to join me on my trip to a fish market in case you live in the Ffm or receive a video session of the trip (date tbc).
Live classes take place in Zoom.
Part 1 (Live Zoom class: 16.9, 12:00-13:00): types of fish and suitable cooking methods, overview
- fish seasonality
- defining freshness and how to know if the fish has been handled properly at the shop
- cleaning the fish (gadgets, you will not need any special gadgets really)
- before cooking and after cooking: storing/freezing
- choosing the right cookware for different fish types and preparations
Part 2 (Live Zoom class: 29.9, 12:00-13:00): round fish (seabass, sea-bream)
- Pan frying: the trick of crispy skin and tender flesh
- Steaming: enhancing the flavours (no special equipment needed)
Part 3 (Live Zoom class: 14.10, 12:00-13:00): flat fish (dover sole, halibut) or skinned fish fillets
- Fish stock and gentle poaching
- Oven frying (en pappillotte or without): flavour pairings
Part 4 (Live Zoom class: 28.10, 12:00-13:00): “meaty” fish (monkfish, gurnard)
- Cooking and pairing
- Creating pan-sauces
Part 5 (Live Zoom class: 11.11, 12:00-13:00): Home-smoking, home-curingRecipe example:smoked mackerel/ home-cured salmon